Our department will be meeting with Advancement once a month.
Kathleen attended the Creating a Respectful Workplace meeting. She made copies of the handout and went over some of the key points. Cheryl asked that it be put into the student notebook which Kathleen will do. She will send copies to Brett and Matt too.
Sue said that she is trying to move department positions along but that she has encountered some "speed bumps."
Sue met with the TC campus folks. She met with Diana Harvey who is in charge of news media. They talked about reorganization, about having a beat and UMD would work with one person. Sue stressed UMD's uniqueness and would like that person to visit once everything is established. Diana mentioned creating a centralized pool of approved writers and graphic designers. Sue told her we probably won't use it as we need to channel dollars into this economy and have people who understand this region.
Sue also met with Ann Aronson regarding branding. Sue said that the Student Association is very interested in it. Sue told Ann that we are going through a rebranding process. She said that we might be similar to the Twin Cities but that we need to be distinct. Possible use of Driven to Discover as a tag line. Sue asked about helping financially. Ann said that their budget is already spent. Sue said that in the RFP they are stressing that the chosen group will know and understand the Duluth and Northeast community. She believes that Mayor Ness will be on that task force.
Cheryl has been working on the 30 second video and getting proposals for that. It will be used during televised sports events, but they also want it to be more evergreen for use by alumni, development and admissions. She is working with Matt on the annual report. They hope it will go out in December. She has been working on the Silver Bay Victus Farm project.
Kat has been working on Currents. She and Christiana have an interview about the UROP puppet project on Thursday. She also did research on algae oil for the Victus Farm project.
Jessica attended a couple of meetings today. She attended the Heikal interview . She will start writing that up and plans on attending a photo shoot next week. She also attended the meeting on the Black Student Association rally next week. She wrote the news release for the Salute to Sustainable Fisheries event and is working on the article on the Mysteries UROP project.
Christiana is working with Mindy Granley regarding the Ianni Hall $18,000 rebate. She has been working on a number of news releases.
Kathleen has been working on coordinating picture changes for the Events Calendar, Currents, and Homepage changes. She interviewed the playwright for Land of Plenty today. She has been having difficulty getting a hold of her UROP people.
Zach met with Professor Millslagle yesterday regarding his UROP project. He got a some quote and took some pictures. He will be working with Cheryl on the Maureen Tobin Stanley interview.
Betty asked if we were done promoting Food Week. Cheryl said that we had done a homepage article, news release and Area voices. Christiana said that there was an article in the News Tribune on Saturday and KBJR covered it in a segment on Monday. It was agreed that we were done with that project.
Regarding legislative work, Betty is working on President Kaler's visit next week and the Capital Investment Committee visit.
Cheryl said that Matt is redesigning the American Indian Learning Resource Center fact sheet. Sue is working on the news release for that.
Sue is hoping there will be a Chancellor Black op-ed piece in the Sunday News Tribune. Christiana suggested that perhaps students involved in the rally could contact Jena at the Star Tribune. Sue will confirm with Jena.
A very busy and productive day! This morning I worked on a News Release on the Lake Superior Fisheries event with Christiana. Just a few more final edits on Monday and it should be ready for release.
ReplyDeleteI went to a series of interviews with Cheryl today:
First we met with Dr. Heikal and his research assistant and learned some very neat information about their UROP project.
Second we met with the committee who is putting together the Take A Stand rally next Friday and are helping them with their project. I believe either Cheryl, Christiana or myself will be writing a news release for them. Also, I tried to contact Bob Nygaard on their behalf to try and get the athletics department involved since I feel they bring in a lot of diversity to the school. I left him a message and will follow-up on Monday.
Third, we met with The Mysteries UROP team and learned about their project. Also very interesting, can't wait to see how it all turns out.
We had our team meeting in which I learned about some of the new challenges that we will have coming up.
I attempted to attend the Fox News interview about safety at UMD with Cheryl, but they cancelled.
Today I attended the post-homecoming week review. We made suggestions for next year and discussed the successes of the week.
ReplyDeleteI finished the Fisheries News Release, but due to technical set-backs it will not be used.
I will be finishing the Facebook article first thing Wednesday morning, to be edited by Wednesday afternoon.
I have made contact with someone in the athletics office to gain the support of the student athletes in the Take a Stand event this Friday.