Wednesday, June 29, 2011

6/29 Meeting

Cheryl had a story idea - Rec Sports Women Climbing weekend. If possible, it would great to have the article for 7/05. She has an interview with Dr. Kaler mid-July.

Abby has been working on the edible garden tour article. She talked with Teri Glembin and a couple of other people about Market Day for the article she is writing. Rachel took photos. Abby and Cheryl have an interview with Timo in Finland on Friday at 8:30 a.m. She has also been working on Wikipedia.

Matt said that the strat plan is very close to being completed. He and Cheryl are working on the envelop. He is also working on the Night/Day ad and the Foundation thank you. Matt is working on Wikipedia citations and pictures (!) He is working on adding a spotlight picture. He has NSF footage and will be taking more this weekend with Cheryl. Other projects include the wine project, engineering card, alumni identity, and phone director cover. We discussed the Bridge and having a team meeting about that next week or the following week if next week is filled with NSF.

Kathleen has been shepherding the Bridge along and trying to line up interviews. Cheryl will take Jesse Bodell and Christiana will take Mark Phillips. Kathleen interviewed Anne Dutton today for the Bridge. She will interview Lisa Fitzpatrick next week about the aquarium project for the homepage. She is working on the next issue of Currents and, along with Christiana, keeping the story ideas up to date.

Christiana has been updating Area Voices regularly. The classic rock music poster article got a lot of hits. Cheryl asked her to bring stats to the next meeting. Christiana has been working on Wikipedia and news releases - including what is going on at Glensheen in July. She is researching camps on campus. Cheryl suggested a homepage article on the experts list including five faculty with great websites. Christiana will update Crisis Plan with new head of police. She is also working on ideas for Champ Goes Green.

Cheryl said that UMD will be at the State Fair on Sun. 8/28. Cheryl is working on an op-ed for Dr. Black.




Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June 22

Just Matt and Kathleen at the meeting today. Matt had a copy of the Night/Day ad. He'll talk to Cheryl regarding whether she wants to highlight one event at the top as we usually have done or if we should highlight one event in the body of the ad with an extra photo.

Matt was able to post a new picture on the events calendar page. Yeah. He said it is no problem to either change the picture once or twice a month or have a cycle of three like other UofM sites do. I imagine that often times we could use pictures from events that are covered on the homepage.

Matt brought the revised Strat Plan up to Denny and is waiting for more changes. Matt is also waiting for changes on the Thank You wrap. In the meantime, he is changing photos to CMYK. Matt is meeting next week regarding an Alumni identifier.

Matt is researching art museums in Minnesota and also looking at Wikipedia editing.

Kathleen has been working on confirming Bridge articles with the development directors. She gave Matt some copies of the most recent Bridges so he could see what we have done in the past. She's been doing lots of other things too but if she lists them here, she won't have anything to post so . . .


Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 15

Christiana went over the Wikipedia changes we need to make. Matt will do some research to see how we can make our changes last.

Susan Mack attended the meeting. She will identify a donor for the Bridge and run it by Tricia. Kathleen will make copies of SCSE donors that have been profiled over the last few years. Susan thought someone from the Engineering Scholarship Committee or possibly ROTC might be good.

Matt is adding NRRI experts that he recently received. He is waiting for approval/changes on the Foundation piece from the Chancellor's office. Matt needs to talk to Andy about changing the photo on the events calendar page. Cheryl will send him some info as well. Regarding YouTube, Lisa doesn't want it but we can't take it. It would have to come from Linda Deneen. Matt will show Cheryl designs for the Night/Day ad.

Cheryl, Christiana, and Kathleen had met earlier and went over story ideas. Kathleen will follow up on the Bridge with development directors. We reviewed homepage stories coming up.

Abby wasn't able to make the 2:00 pm meeting. She is doing some source research for the Wikipedia site. We want to make sure that we have all the books about UMD that are out there. She will do a homepage article on Market Day. She is also going to make copies of donors articles for Bob in CEHSP so he can be familiar with what's been done in the past.